The Devils' Advocate

Beautifying America

Back to Article
Back to Article

Beautifying America

Tara Giandomenico, Reporter

Lipstick? Check.

Concealer? Check.

Eyeliner? Check.

For most women, this run-down is an essential part of their everyday routine. A wide range of brands exist, MAC Cosmetics, Too Faced, Urban Decay, and many more.

Some women who wear makeup know exactly what to buy and how to use it, while others may be beginners and not know anything about what to purchase. This is where beauty subscriptions can help.

Ipsy or Birchbox are just two examples of the many beauty subscriptions that are offered to you. There are many beauty subscriptions out there but those are just the most popular. With beauty subscriptions, the prices and brands that are received by the buyer vary, but they all consist of sample size products to test out.

I am subscribed to Ipsy and I love it.  Ipsy costs ten dollars a month along with being received once a month. When signing up for an ipsy subscription, you go to https://www.ipsy.com/ and you click “GET STARTED”. Once started, the first step that’s done is picking your skin, eyes and hair colors. The next step is to pick if your “Not Very Comfortable”, “Somewhat Comfortable”, or “Very Comfortable” with makeup and what beauty brands you love or would love to try, along with the type of makeup you use. The next step is picking your favorite skincare, haircare, and nail care products. Also, you can pick your favorite eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick, nail polish and blush shades, along with your favorite fragrance type. The last steps ask where you normally shop for your makeup and what your skin and hair types are. After the little survey about YOU is done, you make a profile, put in all of your information and there you go, you will now receive an Ipsy bag every month! When receiving an ipsy bag, the packaging comes in a pink, bubble wrap envelope that gets delivered into your mailbox. With Ipsy, the beauty products that you recieve come in a different designed makeup bag every month. Also with Ipsy, you receive five products in your bag along with a little letter that everyone else receives as well. On Youtube many beauty gurus are subscribed to Ipsy and review their glam bag every month. “I could live on the site forever!” wrote Katherin T. Jean C. stated “I love everything that I got!” Lastly, Robin K. wrote “I have not found a sample I don’t like”. Some of the girls in Hammonton High School are subscribed to Ipsy including, Savanna Aviles and Jewell Cooper.

When many people look into any type of subscription they normally consider the price range beforehand. Many of the beauty subscriptions follow Ipsy with the price of ten dollars a month, including Birchbox. When starting for subscription for Birchbox, you first go to https://www.birchbox.com/ and click “SIGN UP TODAY!”. Next, you can either pick if you want to subscribe to ten dollars a month or one hundred and ten dollars a year. Once picked, you click on “Get this months box!”. Next you have to make an account. With Birchbox you don’t take a survey like Ipsy. With Birchbox, your products come in a medium sized box without a bag. *Hint the name. With all this being said, no matter what makeup brand you use, beauty subscriptions help you with your range of makeup brands and products. So if you use lots of makeup, this is definitely for you!

Ipsy and Birchbox can also be favored in different ways by different people, to see the difference view the video thats attached.

• Beautifying America

Entertainment and Reviews

“New Jersey Makes the World Takes” Senses Fail

• Beautifying America

Entertainment and Reviews

What’s Your Favorite Throwback Song?

• Beautifying America

Entertainment and Reviews

Top 10 Albums of All Time

• Beautifying America

Entertainment and Reviews

Gap Year Before College?

• Beautifying America

Entertainment and Reviews

Apple Airpods Hot on the Market; Some Features Raise Concerns

• Entertainment and Reviews

Finish the Christmas Lyrics

• Beautifying America

Entertainment and Reviews

Worst Gift

• Beautifying America

Entertainment and Reviews

How Did You Find Out The Truth About Santa?

• Beautifying America

Entertainment and Reviews

The Top 5 Best Albums of 2018

• Beautifying America

Entertainment and Reviews

Online or In Store Shopping?

The student news site of Hammonton High School.
Beautifying America