The student news site of Hammonton High School.

The Devils' Advocate

The Devils' Advocate

The Devils' Advocate

What to expect from EA Sports College Football

How the new NCAA College Football game is shaping up

On February 2, 2021, EA Sports announced that they will be bringing their beloved College Football games back sine 2013. Not much was known about the game or its development besides at the time, players name and likeness wouldn’t be included.

That however has changed due to players now being allowed to make money off of their name and likeness. And after 3 years of waiting, EA is finally ready to come back not only with a new game, but one where the college athletes are finally allowed to be featured in the game.

According to ESPN, if the players opt in, they will receive $600 and a copy of the game. Their main priority is scholarship athletes but they are still giving the players without a scholarship a chance to opt in as well. Players like Colorado’s Shedeur Sanders and Alabama’s Jalen Milroe opted in. According to to ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg, around 87% of eligible players have opted into the game. However, players like Texas’s Arch Manning have opted out stating its a distraction from the real field for them.

There are some downsides to the game like there being only FBS schools in the game and the fact that there will be no coaches featured in the game at all but, the fact that a game is coming to release at all is amazing. EA stated that there will be a full reveal in May and the game is supposed to come out in July.

Senior Anthony Tedesco is still doubtful of the games success stating, “EA makes Madden”.

Weather the game is a success or not, its great to see a college football game come back and hopefully be better than Madden. Players are now being payed and as long as EA does not do EA type of things, the game should be great.