The student news site of Hammonton High School.

The Devils' Advocate

The Devils' Advocate

The Devils' Advocate

Sketch Taking Over The Internet

Recently over the past few weeks internet sensation has been all over social media mainly for his catchy one liners and his entertaining streaming. You may have even seen some famous athletes say one of his catchy phrases. He has gained much of his popularity through his streams because of his fun personality.

The sensation’s real name is Kylie Cox around the age of 25 years old and went to Mississippi State University. You can definitely see him streaming in the Houston Texans jersey while playing the NFL game, Madden. Almost every one of his videos blows up, getting millions of likes and views. As of Tuesday he has over 1.7 million followers and over 5.5 million likes via TikTok.

His relevance has been trending through all sports, including basketball and baseball. His distinct look and voice make it difficult to not recognize who he is. Still people question, why is he popular? He is so popular from his alter ego while he plays, that consists of him jumping around, yelling, raging, and his energy towards the game.

He caught the eyes of professional athletes which often mimic him and help him gain his popularity. Almost every single one of his clips gets shared almost thousands of times, and he is so distinctive that once you see him once you will never forget who he is.

Some students such as Lukas Guerrier says that, “Sketch the most entertaining creator and you never know what he is going to say next”. Jaxon Miller of the Hammonton Varsity Baseball team recently did one of his signature dances, “ Tuesday, Tuesday, Check Tuesday ” after he hit a double in his game last week (HammontonBaseballOffical).

Sketch also says “What’s up, Brother” in a high pitched voice with his index finger raised in the air. Sketch is still one of the top trending creators at the moment and it does not look like it is slowing down soon with his persona.