The Devils' Advocate

Prom:Great Success

Back to Article
Back to Article

Prom:Great Success

Jeffrey Clouser, Editor-At-Large

The Prom is one of the most looked forward to days of the year. The dresses, the tuxes, the pictures, the promenade, the pageantry, are all things that come to mind when thinking of the prom, and this years prom certainly did not disappoint.

The promenade, set up in Gym A, was an awe inspiring sight for anyone who attended. The Prom Committee managed to turn the plain old boring gym into the launchpad for a magical night of dancing and fun. The gym was completely transformed into a miniature wonderland in one day. A beautiful pink backdrop with strings of lights hung in front of it with care, set the stage for the elegant path that prom goers walked through for the Promenade. This path included a complete “stone” walkway that weaved prom guests through arches and around a sort of colonnade placed in the center. The Promenade concluded with a quick picture for the Press of Atlantic City, and then guests rushed outside to grab some pictures before heading to Prom.

The Hammonton High School 2018 Prom was held at the Sheraton Hotel in Atlantic City. The venue was beautifully decorated by the Junior Class Prom Committee, lead by Junior Class Advisor Mrs.Gazzara. The tables were elaborately decorated with pink flower centerpieces, and delicately set up for prom goers with their name cards and take home souvenirs. Appetizers were served and then later a buffet style dinner for all guests. After dinner guests were free to take to the dance floor and dance the night away.

The Promenade, Prom, and the weekend after were all a great success. As everyone returns to business as usual here at the High School, surely no one will ever forget the memories from Prom 2018.

• Prom:Great Success

News

Students dress up, dance at 2019 Hop

• Prom:Great Success

News

NJ Court repeals PARCC graduation requirement

• Prom:Great Success

News

Upcoming Poetry Cafe celebrates the spoken word

• Prom:Great Success

News

Students get ready for the Hop

• Prom:Great Success

News

Winter Dance Set for February 22

• Prom:Great Success

News

Mock Trial competes at County competition, faces elimination

• Prom:Great Success

News

Students named to All South Jersey Senior High Band and Olympic Conference Honors Band

• Prom:Great Success

News

Local library hosts event about dangers of vaping

• Prom:Great Success

News

Students spread holiday cheer at assisted living

• Prom:Great Success

News

News Brief: Square Dancing

The student news site of Hammonton High School.
Prom:Great Success