The student news site of Hammonton High School.

The Devils' Advocate

The Devils' Advocate

The Devils' Advocate

Playoff NFL Predictions

Packers vs 49ers

The Packers will face the 49ers coming off a blowout victory vs the Dallas Cowboys. The Packers came into the game as a heavy underdog on the road vs the Cowboys, but managed to dominate the game and win easily. The 49ers are the #1 seed and are the heavy favorite to win the Superbowl, so this will be a major challenge for the Packers to go to San Francisco and pull off the upset. I predict that the Packers will put up a good fight, but I just don’t think they’ll have enough to defeat the 49ers in this game.

Prediction: 49ers 27, Packers 21

Buccaneers vs Lions

The Lions are coming off a 1 point victory against the Rams, and the Bucs are coming off a blowout victory vs the Eagles. I believe the Lions are one of the best teams in the league, and that the Bucs were able to take advantage of a collapsing Eagles team. This game will be in Detroit, and the Lions overall are just a lot better than the Bucs.

Prediction: Lions 31, Bucs 14

Texans vs Ravens

The Texans may be the hottest team in football right now, especially after they just destroyed the Browns. The Ravens have shown all year that they are one of if not the best team in football, but Lamar Jackson’s playoff history creates doubt for me. Lamar has a career 1-4 playoff record, and has had underwhelming performances in each of those losses. I see the Texans taking advantage of their momentum and upsetting the Ravens.

Prediction: Texans 24, Ravens 21

Chiefs vs Bills

The Bills have won 6 straight games, and they’re last two wins consist of a division championship and a wild card victory. Though they struggled in the first half of the season, the last few weeks have shown that they are one of the best teams in football. The chiefs have been very underwhelming this season, their offense has had difficulty scoring in key moments of games. The Bills this season are the better team, and they have home field advantage, so I see the Bills winning this and getting revenge for their defeat 2 years ago to the Chiefs in the playoffs.

Prediction: Bills 34, Chiefs 30

Lions vs 49ers

The 49ers have the most talent of any NFL roster. They’re team is better than last year, and healthier going into the playoffs. I believe if no major injuries occur during the divisional or this game, they will not lose. The Lions are a great team, but they have not shown enough to make me think they can defeat this 49ers team on the road. I got the 49ers winning the NFC and going to the Superbowl.

Prediction: 49ers 28, Lions 17

Texans vs Bills

Both these teams will come into this game with incredible momentum on their side. I can easily see either team coming away with a victory in this one, but I do think the Bills will have an advantage playing this in Buffalo. I think the Bills are also the more talented team, but I would rather have CJ Stroud in this game than Josh Allen. I think this will be the closest game of the playoffs, and possibly the most entertaining as well.

Prediction: Bills 28, Texans 27

Bills vs 49ers

This is my Superbowl matchup, what seems to me going into the divisional round as the best two teams in football. Both sides are stacked with elite talent on both sides of the ball, and both teams will be coming into this game with major win streaks. But like I said before, this 49ers team looks completely unbeatable, and I don’t see them losing to any team in the league right now.

Prediction: 49ers 20, Bills 17