Celeste DeRose for Senior Class Vice President

The Devils’ Advocate  student newspaper reached out to all running for class office prior to the election. The staff created a few questions that we believe would help the student body get a better sense of each candidate and their values before voting next week.

Below is the Q&A featuring Celeste DeRose, candidate for Senior Class Vide President.

In your opinion, what is/are the most pressing issue(s) for today’s high school students?

Pressing issues for current high school students involve finding themselves and high stress situations, along with peer pressure and social media.

What is important about next year (i.e. sophomore year, junior year, senior year), and what role do you believe class officers have in making it a successful one?

Senior year is the most important because it is the last year in high school and students are preparing to take on their future. Class officers play a role in making sure there are fun activities and opportunities for the whole class to participate in and make sure there are plenty of resources to make the year the best it can possibly be.

What are some of the strengths of the HHS student community?

Strengths of HHS community are creativity, working together, and problem solving.

What are some areas of the HHS experience that could be better?

HHS can improve on the overall involvement of the student body and school spirit and participation.

Write one question that WE SHOULD HAVE ASKED YOU BUT DIDN’T.

One question you should have asked is how do we as class officers plan to create a more enjoyable environment for the students of HHS.

The Devils' Advocate • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in