Highlighting the Best NFL Match-Ups in Week 3
September 23, 2022
Bills (2-0) at Dolphins(2-0)
- Sunday September 25 at 1:00 P.M. EST
- This matchup will be important in deciding the winner of the AFC East. Buffalo is coming off a blowout win against a Titans team that looks to be in shambles. Josh Allen looks to already be in mid-season form, throwing for 317 yards and 4 touchdowns passing the Titans secondary. Buffalo’s defense also showed out against the Titans, collecting four total turnovers in their impressive outing against Ryan Tannehill and Co. As for Miami, they too had an impressive week two performance. They overcame a 21 point deficit and took down the scrappy Baltimore Ravens. Tua looked really good, but I think he will struggle against the Buffalo defense.
- Nick’s Prediction: Bills 24 Dolphins 13
- Hunt’s Prediction: Bills 34 Dolphins 26
Raiders (0-2) at Titans (0-2)
- Sunday September 25 1:00 P.M. EST
- Two very desperate teams face off in Nashville as they both long for their first victory. These squads are battling to save their season. However, Las Vegas really struggled to put away the Arizona Cardinals in an overtime thriller. Their star slot receiver, Hunter Renfrow, fumbled the ball and Cardinals cornerback Byron Murphy Jr. returned it 60 yards for the closer. Both of these teams’ momentums swing on this game.
- Hunt’s Prediction: Raiders 20 Titans 24
- Nick’s Prediction: Raiders 28 Titans 25
Buccaneers (2-0) at Packers (1-1)
- Sunday September 25th 4:00 P.M EST
- Both teams are coming off wins against their respective division rivals. However, the Buccaneers had a tough time putting away Jemies Winston and the Saints. Their wide receiver core was extremely depleted, in addition to shaky quarterback play. Brady will have to figure it out this week against that stout Green Bay Defense. As for the Packers, I feel good about their chances. After a rough week one loss to Minnesota, Green Bay bounced back in a blowout win against the Bears. They have to limit Brady and Co. if they want any chance of winning. I predict that the Packers defensive front will man handle that shaky Bucs offensive line.
- Nick’s Predictions: Packers 24 Bucs 23
- Hunt’s Predictions: Packers 28 Bucs 26
Rams (1-1) at Cardinals (1-1)
- Sunday September 25 4:25 P.M. EST
- We have a potential upset here in the desert. The Cardinals are coming off of a very gutsy win in Vegas as they won 29-23 in overtime. The Rams got blown out by the Super Bowl favorites Buffalo Bills in week one, but bounced back with a teeth-clenching victory against the Falcons 31-27. The Rams aren’t looking so sharp to open the season out, and if Cardinals fans can rally their home team to a solid enough performance, the Cardinals can receive good results in this matchup.
- Hunt’s Prediction: Rams 17 Cardinals 20
- Nick’s Prediction: Rams 35 Cardinals 21
Eagles (2-0) at Commanders (1-1)
- Sunday September 25 1:00 P.M EST
- Since we were both fans of either teams (Nick Commanders and Hunt Eagles) we broke the analysis up.
- Nick’s Analysis: Oh man, I think this is going to be a really good game. The Commanders looked extremely porous in their week 2 performance against Detroit. The Lions ran the ball at will, and Washington’s front seven looked lethargic. They need to bounce back this week against the Eagles or else, I think the coaching staff needs to be questioned. Watch for the Terry McLaurin versus Darius Slay matchup. It’s been a back and forth type of matchup, with Slay having Terry’s number as of late
- Hunt’s Analysis: A divisional game in DC is always going to be tough no matter the situation. The Eagles cannot let an emotional win get to their heads. They have to handle business offensively like they have been the past two weeks, and feed off of what we did on the defensive side of the ball last week. Create turnovers, hit the quarterback, and establish the run game. Those are my three points of emphasis for this game.
- Nick’s Prediction: Eagles 27 Commanders 23
- Hunt’s Prediction: Eagles 33 Commanders 24