The student news site of Hammonton High School.

The Devils' Advocate

The Devils' Advocate

The Devils' Advocate

One Of Us: Mr. Crolla

JR Edel

Background:

Mr. Crolla attended Rancocas Valley Regional High School and graduated in 2015. Furthering his education, Mr. Crolla attended RCBC from 2015-1016, Rowan University from 2016-2020, and Rutgers University from 2022-2023. He majored in History with a minor in International Studies, receiving his bachelor’s Degree in Arts of History from Rowan. Furthermore, he graduated from Rutgers University with a Master of Arts in Teaching (Math) with a secondary in Social Studies. After Graduation, Mr. Crolla worked at Rancocas Valley Regional from 2018-2023 working as a substitute and a student teacher.

Why were you inspired to go into education?

I always had a love of history and have had some great teachers who have been my role models and mentors. I wanted to inspire the same love of history in others and make the same difference in student’s lives that the teachers had made in mine.

My least favorite thing about my job is… grading assignments…sometimes they can be very time-consuming.

The thing I enjoy the most about doing my job is… when a lesson plan really comes together and when students are enjoying the lesson and students are being engaged.

My biggest fear is…that I will let people down and not be effective at my job.

One thing about me that would surprise people is…I‘ve never watched “The Lord of the Rings.

When I’m not in school, you can find me…reading a ton of fantasy and Sci-fi, playing video & board games with my friends, and watching soccer and football.

One thing I’ve learned after my first year at HHS is…the staff here are all very friendly and helpful.