Ryan Craig for Junior Class Vice President

The Devils’ Advocate  student newspaper reached out to all running for class office prior to the election. The staff created a few questions that we believe would help the student body get a better sense of each candidate and their values before voting next week.

Below is the Q&A featuring Ryan Craig, candidate for Junior Class Vice President.

In your opinion, what is/are the most pressing issue(s) for today’s high school students?

I think the most pressing issue for students in Hammonton High School is stress. Especially in the class of 2021 where there are tons of students shooting to have the best GPA in the class. Students are constantly thinking about school.

What is important about next year (i.e. sophomore year, junior year, senior year), and what role do you believe class officers have in making it a successful one?

In my first two years of high school, I did not see any significant changes the class officers made. Next school year I want to hear the voice of the students, and I want to make changes to make the junior year the best year of high school for me and my classmates.

What are some of the strengths of the HHS student community?

The students at Hammonton always show school spirit on spirit weeks and always show up to things like football games and basketball games. I also think there is great bonds between grade levels. It isn’t just sophomores talking to sophomores, it is like we’re all in one grade.

What are some areas of the HHS experience that could be better?

One thing that could be made better for our school are pep rallies. It is hard to hear the people when they talk into microphones, and I sometimes have no idea what is happening. Also, it is a hassle to use the bathroom because it is either always locked or there are too many people in there at one time.

Write one question that WE SHOULD HAVE ASKED YOU BUT DIDN’T and answer it.

A question that should have been asked: how are you active in school affairs? My answer: I am a member of Leo Club and Student Council. I also participated in the in the Physics Olympics Team.

The Devils' Advocate • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in