Olivia Falciani for Sophomore Class Vice President

The Devils’ Advocate  student newspaper reached out to all running for class office prior to the election. The staff created a few questions that we believe would help the student body get a better sense of each candidate and their values before voting next week.

Below is the Q&A featuring Olivia Falciani, candidate for Sophomore Class Vice President.

In your opinion, what is/are the most pressing issue(s) for today’s high school students?

The most pressing issues high school students face include inadequate attention to mental health, how people treat each other, and fear of insufficient safety of the school.

What is important about next year (i.e. sophomore year, junior year, senior year), and what role do you believe class officers have in making it a successful one?

Academic success and ambition are important, as well as a high quality of life.  Class officers must provide and improve a vibrant learning environment. They also have the responsibility to provide school dances and events for all grades to enjoy.

What are some of the strengths of the HHS student community?

Hammonton High School has many strengths, including how closely knit the community is.  The school also does a great job of providing extracurricular activities to the students.  

What are some areas of the HHS experience that could be better?

Hammonton High School can improve on a few things.  To start, a lack of diversity is present at Hammonton.  In addition, while the dances are highly enjoyed, they can be improved with better choice of music and food.

Write one question that WE SHOULD HAVE ASKED YOU BUT DIDN’T and answer it.

What makes a good class officer? A class officer must have leadership abilities, determination, and responsibility.  In order for this school to thrive, capable leaders must be elected, and that takes leadership skills that are used to benefit the student body.

The Devils' Advocate • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in