Alyssa Kelsey for Sophomore Class Vice President

The Devils’ Advocate  student newspaper reached out to all running for class office prior to the election. The staff created a few questions that we believe would help the student body get a better sense of each candidate and their values before voting next week.

Below is the Q&A featuring Alyssa Kelsey, candidate for Sophomore Class Vice President.

In your opinion, what is/are the most pressing issue(s) for today’s high school students?

I believe that the most pressing issue in today’s high school students is maintaining a positive mental health.

What is important about next year (i.e. sophomore year, junior year, senior year), and what role do you believe class officers have in making it a successful one?

Sophomore year is important because now that you know how high school is it will be easier for you to explore and figure out your interest. Class officers can plan and organize events to make the year more enjoyable for our classmates. We get a chance to help students in making sure they have a successful year.

What are some of the strengths of the HHS student community?

I believe a strength of the HHS student community is how supportive and helpful all our teachers and staff are.

What are some areas of the HHS experience that could be better?

Some areas that could make the HHS experience better is planning more events to get students involved.

Write one question that WE SHOULD HAVE ASKED YOU BUT DIDN’T and answer it.

What makes you want to become a class officer? I wanted the opportunity to share my views and opinions on how to make the school year enjoyable for everyone.

The Devils' Advocate • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in