The Devils' Advocate

Culinary students participate in the Alesia Shute Foundation for the Ronald McDonald House of Camden

Comfort food took on a new meaning for students who prepared a meal for families at the Ronald McDonald House in conjunction with the Alesia Shute Foundation. on February 7.

For the third year,  students  from Chef Lou’s Advanced Culinary class and four students from Mrs. Shaner’s class prepared a dinner for approximately 40-50 people who are guests at the South Jersey Ronald McDonald House.

A comfort food dinner including homemade meatloaf with brown gravy, whipped potato soufflé, roasted vegetables, tossed salad, bread, and banana pudding icebox cake were served. The volunteers prepared dinner, served, clean up and also took part by socializing with the guests.

In an effort to include the skills from students across the curriculum at the high school, students in Ms. Daniel’s CAAD class designed chocolate candy molds specifically for the event that incorporated the RMH logo. These candies were given as a treat to guests as well.

These students chose to volunteer their time and  prepare a meal for the many guests who are family and caregivers to the patients.  This volunteer opportunity gave these families a hot meal and a chance for our students to interact with families that are going through difficult times.  \

Students that participated were Raul Avila, Anna Peretti, Sean Ryker, Donna Souza, Tyler Tome, and Ariana Treminio. This was the third visit as a proud gesture for HHS students to pay it forward by giving to others in need.

• Culinary students participate  in the Alesia Shute Foundation for the Ronald McDonald House of Camden

News

‘Eagle the Eagle’ inspires students to achieve their goals

News

Students celebrate a ‘Night in Paris’ at Freshmen-Sophomore Hop

News

Video club students win award at Artists Alike Film Festival

News

School security more important than ever

Features

Winter athletes run into spring with great potential

News

January 2018 Students and Faculty Member of the Month

News

Students learn about court system in Mock Trial competition

News

Program offers college credit for high school classes

News

December 2017 Students of the Month

News

The Devils’ Advocate Live Show / Period 8: 12/22/17

The student news site of Hammonton High School.